SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

First pictures of Michigan 'celebration'

annie1992
13 years ago

There are other and better pictires, so keep watching, but i did take a few. Here are the guilty subjects, LOL.

First picture, starting from the left, Sherry (sheshebop), her DH Roger, Raymond (Cathy's DH), Cathy (Mustangs), the sirprise visitor, our own GWTamara, continuing onto the second picture is Nancy (wizardnm) and Ann (spacific). I'm behind the camera, LOL, but there are more pictures coming from other sources.

OK, now lunch. Ann and I had exactly thesame thing, the pan fried lake perch with a fresh vegetable medley. Ann mentioned that she had to eat lake fish as often as she can while she's here, in California they have wonderful fish, it's all ocean fish, though.

Vegetables were fresh, summer squashes, broccoli, carrots and peppers. They were pretty much raw, which is a good thing for me, I like 'em cooked or raw, nothing in the middle!

Sherry and Nancy each had the lobster bisque:

And that's all the food in my reach, I hope others took more food pictures!

Now, on to the gifts. I brought jars of my "famous" salsa, in the hopes that Cathy and Ann could consume it before going back home, so they didn't have to worry about packing it up. I also brought jars of Black Foprest sauce, a sweet cherry and chocolate concoction which was supposed to be jam but I've never EVER had a batch actually jell. Good thing, it's a much better dessert sauce than it is jam anyway!

Cathy made a stop on her trip up from Florida and brought us some real Vidalia onions! Mine will probably be roasted whole, although I'm fighting the urge to make onion rings.

Nancy brought everyone ddried cherries and cherry chutney from Cherry Republic, not that "other place". I', thinking oatmeal cookies with dried cherries, yum.

Tamara brought everyone a tote bag, filled with ivillage goodies. There are mints, a book for taking notes or keeping a journal, a pen, some tattoos (LOL, THAT should be interesting) and some mints. The tote bag will be perfect to carry my shoes, lunch, etc when I walk to work!

And Ann brought dessert, cannolis from an Italian bakery in Livonia, they were rich and sweet and delicious with my cup of black coffee.

What a wonderful time we had, we chatted for a couple of hours then went our respective ways. Cathy and Raymond were heading back to Florida, although a bathroom tour stop at Jungle Jim's is in the works I think. (grin) I went back to Elery's and then drove the three hours back north, I think Nancy was heading to her mother's. Sherry was heading back west, Tamara and Ann to the Detroit area so we scattered to the four directions I think.

I thought about what good friends I've made here and smiled all the way back home.

Annie

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus