SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babs711_gw

Gray/Black/Charcoal Painted Interior Doors?

babs711
12 years ago

We're building right now and have 10 foot ceilings down and 9 up. Downstairs will have 8 foot doors, up will have 6'8". I'm trying to decide if I want to be brave and go with dark doors or have them painted the same shade as my trim (some shade of white). My front door is stained. The windows are white. So I'm thinking the backdoor set of french doors will be white. Our trim will be similar to this. Our front door will be single but similar in style to this with a larger bottom section:

{{!gwi}}

Dark & Gray doors:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Some things to consider with the dark: If we do go this route, do ALL doors get painted dark? Even INSIDE the bedrooms (i.e. closet doors in kids' bedrooms etc, bedrooms with bathrooms in them, etc.)? I'm also thinking about the fact that downstairs is very open. You do see a set of double eight foot doors to the right when you walk in. But then there are two "vestibule" type areas off the main space. One has a pocket door that houses three other doors to other spaces. The other is a cased opening with doors in that area. So these clusters of doors, dark? White?

Part of our downstairs plan so you can see the little vestibule areas I'm referring to:

What do you think? The walls in the main space will more than likely be some shade of greige like Revere Pewter.

Comments (19)