SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
awm03

Pumpkin room update -- tentative furniture placement

awm03
15 years ago

Furniture placement is my weakness. Advice is welcome!

Here's the tentative layout. It's a long narrow room, unfortunately, so that doesn't help. Also, when we put in the larger windows last fall, I lost some space for furniture placement. So some pieces probably need to be edited out.

Does the maple chest look odd stuck in the middle of the room? I've always loved the lyre shaped table, but it can be sacrificed for something more useful. Perhaps the maple chest could go there -- at least it offers storage. In one of the photos you can see a dark brown file cabinet by the window. I can't think of a place for it, so it will probably go, unless anybody has a good idea where to put it.

Also, lighting was always an issue. The only lights are on the lyre table and over the sofa arms. I need light in the far ends of the room. Would floor lamps look odd there? I've thought of getting picture lights to illuminate wall pictures to add some glow in the corners. The lighting would be very nice, but there's the issue of dangling cords.

Finally, does the rug look too small? A longer one would be better. The colors in the rug work with the room though, so if it doesn't look off size, I'll use it.

Your comments are appreciated!

>

Comments (23)