SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmkeeling

Furniture & TV placement for hard to decorate great room

RMK
2 years ago

UPDATE ON A POST FROM AUGUST 2021 (We have had other projects and ready to focus on this one) We have a huge dilemma with what kind of furniture to purchase and place in this room. The current furniture is not very comfortable to sit and watch TV. Of course I want it too look good but I want it to function with our lifestyle. IF we were to mount the tv above the fireplace, you will see that it is not centered to the opposite wall. Is mounting a tv above a fireplace too trendy? As you can see by the pictures there are many doorways/walkways into the room along with a wall of windows. If we keep the tv where it is we hope to get a more updated tv stand. We are not fans of a curved sofa. I have added a sketch with dimensions. The off centered fireplace is driving me crazy and we don't want to put furniture in front of it. Suggestions? Since the original post, I have removed the swag curtains, painted the walls Shoji White and plan to put up side panel curtains. Thanks for those that commented on the August post.

Comments (14)