SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Sam's morning. NO photo , LOL

caroline94535
15 years ago

Sam's morning diary...

~ Up at 0245 for a pee-break. Wes let him out this time.

~ Up at 0630 for breakfast. He was awake at 0600, but didn't ask to get out. He was "talking" (not barking, not whining, not growling, but "talking") to a tennis ball. He sleeps in a large kennel in our room. There's room for toys, quiet play, and sleeping.

~ Played with tennis balls and ran outside every 30 minutes.

~ Watched a Bob Cat tractor "attacking" the driveway. That was a bit scary but when Harry barked, so did Sam.

~ Shared a Nyla-bone with Harry. Harry was laying on his back, poking the end of the Nyla-bone in Sam's face. Harry will teach Sam the fine art of tug-of-war!

~ Discovered the game "Chasing My tail."

~ 0900 Took an hour-long kennel nap.

~ Kept asking Mom to retrieve tennis balls and chew-bones that got stuck under the recliner.

~ Discovered Harry's feet! Magnificent, entertaining, furry, and they smell...oh...so...good!

~ Chewed Harry's toenails. Harry enjoyed this until Sam bit into a toe.

~ Took a nap in the dog lounger. What's so special about toenails anyway? Harry was sleeping in the recliner about 4 feet away.

~ Decided to leap from the lounger onto the top of the sleeping Harry in the recliner. It seemed like such a fun idea. I was watching Sam when I saw the thought register. Talk about a light-bulb moment!

~ Decided to not try that again. (At least for today.)

~ 1100 Second breakfast. Sam eats four times a day.

~ Did a flying carpet ride imitation. I was sitting at the computer when "something" caught my eye. Sam, sitting upright, was "flying" down the hallway.

"Hummmmmm," I thought. "Time to check the puppies."

Harry had the taken throw from my chair (a no-no) and was dragging it around the living room. Sam had jumped on the blanket; Harry continued dragging it, and Sam, around. Harry then took Sam for a spin down the hallway. All Sam needed to complete the look was a pair of goggles and a long, flowing neck scarf.

He's had a fun morning! It's time for another kennel-nap and then we'll see what the afternoon brings.

Did I get the north wall vacuumed and washed? No. Did I get another box of "stuff" sorted in the basement? No. Did I have fun? YES!

Comments (12)