SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kadibug

Being a SAHM is not job

kadibug
10 years ago

My husband and I are currently not doing to well. It all started with issues between the two of us that escalated into pointing fingers on one another. First off I will start by explaining my life alittle. I am a SAHM of 5 children. 2 are his and 2 are mine, then we have one together. The older child has severe special needs and is not biologically either one of ours. My husband was previously married to his mom when she was pregnant and he took the role of daddy. However, after they had a child of their own and the oldest was 2, the mom took off and never returned. I have my 2 from a previous marriage, and then we have a little one together. We have been married for 2 1/2 yrs. My husband has been a soldier in the Army for 12 yrs. I have been a SAHM for the longest. I did run a family childcare home and went to college to become an EMT. I am also in progress of earning a B.S. degree. I took on this family life, because I was in love. I stay at home with all the kids, I send 4 to school, but have toddler during the day. I clean, cook, run errands, do dr appts, school functions, sports, clean so more. I am also an FRG Leader for my husband unit. I am incharge of working with the spouses and making sure they have the help and support them need. I have no help in this group as I am the only one that will do it. I am a full time college student online. I work....My husband and I have differences of opinion with educating and disciplining our children. We argue about it all the time. I also have a honey do list that we agreed upon and the stuff I list hardly ever gets done. I have been asking him to remove a broken stand alone hammock for like 3 months and finally I had to do it myself. There are several other things I ask that also never get done, that I also take care of. I have a hard time expressing my inner feelings with him, because he shuts everything down. I feel like he is not inlove with me anymore, but he says he is. The other night we brought all of these things on the table and now he is telling me that my role as a SAHM is too take care of the kids, clean, cook, run errands and all of the stuff I listed before. He also said that he is the one with a job and I am free to take breaks whenever I want and so on. We also have a 5 bdrm, 3 bth home 3700 sq ft. This is a big house and I get tired of cleaning all day everyday, so unfortunately stuff just doesn't get done. He then asks me, "What do you do all day?" or "if you did what you were supposed to I wouldn't have to do anything." He then proceeded to tell me, I am an unhappy individual and that if I was that unhappy I need to get the F*** out. What should I do? My heart says I don't want to deal with this the rest of my life, and the other side says, you don't need another failed marriage. Might I add, he has been deployed twice and has major anger issues. He will throw stuff, break stuff, put holes in the walls...But refuses to seek help....

Comments (11)

Sponsored