SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrskennedy_gw

Living with Parents

mrskennedy
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

My husband and I were doing pretty well until we moved in with my parents when he lost his job. Now we might be expecting a baby, but we hardly talk to each other, even about mundane things, and we haven't had dinner alone for the past 5 months. I've been really stressed and worried lately, and I'm sure he is too, though he doesn't say anything. We used to talk when we first moved in, but we fought occasionally too. (What newly weds don't?) However, every time we did, my parents took sides, and we no longer communicate at all. I want him to help more around the house, because my parents have me doing a lot, and he wants me to be more intimate with him. I'd love to! But with all this stress, worry, and lack of communication, I'm not even attracted to him anymore. We're not getting divorced. But I want to make some progress before the baby is born, and I'm pretty sure one's on the way. (I'll know later this week when I see the doctor.)

I'd appreciate any advice you can give about how we can get our relationship back and make do until we can move out. I hope that isn't long in coming, but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon, unfortunately. Also, do you think any of this has to do with us living with my parents, or is it all to be expected since we're newly weds?

Thanks for your help.

CKennedy

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz