SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
softball_80

Exactly how honest do you consider yourself?

softball_80
11 years ago

Yesterday I went to the post office and after I left I saw that they gave me a few cents too much in my change. When this happens to me I think back to see if the institution in question ever got ME for a certain amount and if so I think no more about it unless the amount is substantial. That wasn't the case this time. However, I had waited in line for 15 minutes at least and didn't want to do so again. Here's the solution I came up with: I taped the money to a piece of paper and put it into an envelope. On the front I wrote:

"Yesterday I went to the post office to mail two oversized envelopes. After paying for the postage my change was $16.36 but when I got outside I noticed that the postal clerk gave me $16.63 by mistake, 27 cents too much. I wanted to return it but did not want to wait in line for ANOTHER 15 minutes. So here it is, and yes I know that one of the pennies is Canadian. That's what I got so that's what I'm returning. Remember, I was honest so I hope you will be too. Have a nice day, a 19115 resident"

And I took a walk to the corner mailbox and put it in. Maybe I was in a whimsical mood but whenever I do things like this I look at it as making a deposit into my 'heavenly bank account'.

Any thoughts?

Comments (39)