SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momrox4

Dating Advice for Daughter

momrox4
14 years ago

Hello All,

Just thought I'd throw this situation out there for discussion. My daughter is 24, graduated from college, recently purchased a home. She works full-time as a waitress, a job she really doesn't like but with the current economy, she's been unable to find anything else. She is financially independent from us. She has been dating a young man for the last few years who is the same age as she. They have a great relationship; they're best friends as well as each other's SO. He treats her like gold and is the nicest guy in the world. BUT....he's not the most ambitious fella in the world. She came to me wondering if she should pursue the relationship....he's trying to get through college but somehow "forgot" to register for classes this semester...and is working at a minimum wage job part-time. She would really like to be a stay-at-home mom someday and be financially secure but the dilemma is: should she break up with the not-so-ambitious guy and just be happy she found someone who is genuinely a good and decent person? I know I shouldn't stick my nose into things but she did come to me for my opinion. What do you think??

Comments (19)