SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
icup_gw

1st timet (artist needs help) no seams please

icup
19 years ago

Hello,

First timer here. I hope to be a regular if you guys prove to be at all helpful. Forums are always so hit or miss. I have seen some pretty enthusiastic threads here, so there is still hope yet.

I have a coil of thick solid aluminum that I bend into loops, swirls and other fun shapes. When I have something I like, I snip it off with some wire cutters. After bending and shaping it into the best position, I like to insert one end into a long copper tube (the solid aluminum fits perfectly into the copper tube). Afterwards I sand prime and paint (I am also looking in to powder coating) to make it look like one solid piece.

How can I create a seamless transfer at the connection of these to pieces? Please notice the sketch below. My final product now looks like #2 but I want it to look like #3. I think I need a putty or paste to fill the seam. Once it dries I would then have to sand it smooth. Again, I am not only new to this forum but new to working with metals as well. Any and all help is welcome. Is there such a putty or paste? Should I do something else?

I will post pictures of what I am talking about tomorrow 12/15/04

Thank you in advance,

mike

Comments (8)

Sponsored