SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
softball_80

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while....

softball_80
11 years ago

But I retired from Verizon Communications on December 29th. 44 years, 6 months, 1 day. Done. I'm still getting used to it but am enjoying every minute of it as well. I actually used to check in from work during slow periods (now it can be told). I'm now attempting to adopt a more healthy lifestyle. We have a treadmill that I hadn't used in over four years, but beginning with the day I stopped working I've been on it a half hour every morning, haven't missed one! I'm afraid to; I'm such a creature of habit that if I miss a day it might take another 4 years to start again! Also I now have soup for lunch most days instead of a sandwich. I think bread is my worst enemy. I hope all this works because I've signed up for an over 60 (ahem) softball league. Although I'm primarily a pitcher, when you get to my age they really need guys that can run around the outfield a little bit, so I'll be trying that out too. Pray I don't embarass myself too much! I might be 62 but the competitive spirit I had in my 20s is as strong as ever.

Well thats it for now. I hope some of you remember me. Wish me luck!

Comments (11)