SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhiii_gw

haven't posted for a while but have a update with pics

hhiii
13 years ago

As some of you might know I converted a galvanized rolling cart into my worm bin. as you can see it is 8" or so and about 4' long I lined the inside with a 6mill reinforced polyethylene plastic sheeting. this summer was a huge success so many worms, bin is dense and they are eating all of our kitchen scraps... and the wife loves to cook and we eat in by choice on average 6 nights a week = lots of worm food..

they chow it and the outside compost is now getting left out...

anyway last winter I was able to keep the bin in a heated warehouse bathroom and they stayed cozy all winter this winter they are in my garage and it is not heated and can get chilly in there here in charlotte nc. I used pink inslutation board and lined the outside as you can see I also made a pretty tight fitting top the legs are still bare and I am sure the cold is cooling it down a bit. as you can see in the pictures i have strung a short strand of white xmas lighting. it seems to keep it in the mid 60's at night we will see as we get colder. notice the worm bunch they are craling up close to the top (between the top rail and the lid to get closer to the heat) out of the bedding. they are not excaping just hanging out in that area....

comments or sugestions always wanted....

{{gwi:316992}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County