SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon01_gw

Finally, pics of my new livingroom/entryway

Shannon01
13 years ago

Ok, so before I returned to work my dh told me he would pay to decorate the livingroom/entry and family rooms but I had to do everything from furniture to rugs to art. So I traveled the internet and every single store in area. On the weekends he would go to where I found what I liked and much to both our surprise he liked everything I liked, that never happens. So we literally drove around over the course of two weekends and got everything. First it was getting the furniture and then the weekend prior to Thanksgiving it was all delivered. Then we drove around for art and accessories pick up. By Thanksgiving it was done. I reall appreciate the feedback the couple of times I asked for help with the livingroom. It is an odd layout for furniture. The sofas we picked out ended up being way more curved than anticipated. The arrangement we chose was best one. We have had so many visitors tell us that it now looks like our home.

The art was found in one day. We ended up getting them discounted because frames has blemishes. The lower pictures remind us of a plateau in Utah that we almost got lost on using gps mapping. The birch reminds us of a drive from Zion to Bryce Canyon. The road takes you high in altitude and the mountains are covered in birch stands. The large art in stairwell was hidden in a corner of a store. We both fell in love with it immediatly. We love Tuscan hillside pictures but they all seem too Italian. This had a more mediterannean feel, which our house is more med than italian. DH surprised me at Christmas with it. The even bigger surprise was that he negotiated the price.

We still have a few minor things to complete. Need to hide cords for lamps. Still need something over the entryway buffet thing. And the space behind the sofa, see last pic, we are not sure what to put there. Tree, table with plants. Doggy obviously likes to go back there. Any suggestions?

Before, I just noticed the skulls and skis, must have been taken after Halloween:

After Overhead:

After entry way:

Looking up stairwell

Moving down and to the right, dh picked out lamp and chair. I was not sure it would go but it turned out to be the items we get most comments on.

Looking into the diningroom

Looking from entryway into livingroom

Looking from diningroom into the livingroom

Space behind sofa

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert