SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidwczerr

An Introduction.......and Some Project Pics

davidwczerr
19 years ago

Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce myself and show off a few pics of projects that either I or my wife have completed. My wife, Regina, and I live in Charlotte, NC. I've done woodworking for a long time and when I met my wife she introduced me to metal working and it's been great. I frequent the Tractors forum and some of you may have seen the hitch setup and implements I've made for my tractor.

My wife and I want to try our hand at blacksmithing so our current project is building a propane fired forge.......I just got a nice section of 12" steel pipe that will be the main body. We'll keep you posted on the progress. We're also searching for a good anvil if anyone has one laying around, let us know!

Here's some pics of some past projects:

A repousee piece my wife did. Note, this is all done cold with small hammers and lots of time and patience. She attended Penland School of Crafts to learn this art.

Next up is a small wall mounted shelf....cherry top and hand forged brackets. I did the wood, my wife the metal. We made a couple and gave them away as gifts.

This is a machine I made for twisting steel stock.......open on both ends so you can run your stock out to twist in the middle......bed is 48" long to accomodate most pickets. It provides a lot of control, and the reverse twists are great!

Sorry for so many pics, but I tried to keep them small so it doesn't take too long to load. I'm excited about this forum, and my wife will be too when she finds out. Is this going to be a first: a husband/wife combo frequenting the same site? We'll see how it works out.

David

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor