SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theladyinredfromokla

why are girls so mean? (long..sorry)

My DD is 12 and in the 7th grade. She came home from school on Friday and was very distraught. Seems there have been some tension and mouthing going on between her and a few of her "friends". ( I wouldnt call em friends but she does). She is overweight and it seems the other young ladies have no qualms about letting her know about it. One young lady on friday told her that no one liked her and the only reason people hung out with her is because she is big and they dont wanna get beat up. If you knew my daughter you would know that there is NO WAY she would ever "beat up someone". So my DD in turn(out of retaliation) told that little girl that no one liked her and the only people that really loved her was her family. So the little girl starts crying and tells the teacher, and the teacher tells my daughter that she couldnt believe she would say something like that. My daughter didnt tell her that the other girl started it. She just ducked her head.

After explaining what went on...she laid on my chest and sobbed like a baby. Which in turn broke my heart. She even asked if she could switch schools. She also tried to call the little girl and her mother answered. She wouldnt let her talk to her and told her that apologizing "wasnt going to work"!

I guess Im telling you all this so you can send up prayers and good thoughts for her. I remember well how mean young girls can be. And how seriously they take it all. My advice to her was to let it roll off her back and stand up for who she is. Probably sounds like hogwash to her. Anyone else lived through this and have any great advice?

Marla

(whos heart is heavy today for my little one)

Comments (38)