SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blue999

Help!! Advice on Wall Decor and Accessories for Apt

blue999
16 years ago

Hi,

I am new to the forum and was hoping to find some advice from the talented people on this forum. I am the kind of person that likes a lot of different styles and I think I have good taste but have a hard time with coordinating items and coming up with a unified look.

I have a classic french country style table in my dining room with painted black chairs, a modern white sofa with glass table, a distressed finish cube purchased from pottery barn and that's about it. The dining, living room and kitchen areas are all open floor plan, making it all the more necessary to tie the rooms together. So far I have barely anything on the walls and want to purchase a mirror for above the dining table and some artwork for the red wall behind the couch. I am also looking for a stand up floor lamp but don't know where I want to put it. I actually really love all these pieces but am having a hard time pulling off the eclectic mix of modern and traditional. It doesn't feel harmonious and I am starting to have second thoughts about the red accent wall since it doesn't seem to be accenting anything but a plant.

Here are some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52968735@N00/sets/72157603733356369/

Thinking about buying the Chelsea floor lamp from Pottery Barn in nickel finish and the Sierra Silver Wall Mirror from Art Select.com. Also, I know I need some art on the walls. Any suggestions or opinions on how to finish this room would be greatly appreciated. Also, what do you guys think of mixing silver and gold finishes? What do you think of the red wall? Should I change it? Thanks a lot!

Here is a link that might be useful: Apt Pics

Comments (7)