SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

St. Cecelia full backsplash

bbstx
15 years ago

The kitchen cabinets are being installed tomorrow!!! Yippee!! (Carly Simon's "Anticipation" keeps going through my head.) DH and I chose a granite today, St. Cecilia.

All along, I had planned to eventually have a tile backsplash. For the time being, it was just going to be a painted backsplash because I cannot envision what sort of tile I would like. I want to incorporate 6 tiles DH brought back from China several years ago, but I will have to dig them out of storage first.

Well, DH went with me to the granite yard and then to the granite fabricators. Both have showrooms. In each showroom, there are full height backsplashes (18") out of granite to match the countertop. Most of them used very dramatic granite. St. Cecilia is not dramatic...nice, but not dramatic.

Has anyone seen a full height backsplash out of St. Cecilia? Does anyone have an opinion?

For reference, the cabinets are white raised panel doors, unglazed. The appliances are SS. The range is a Viking with a graphite gray front (I think it is going to read black.) The paint is a SW color, Svelte Sage. Woodwork/trim is white. The floor is beige tile. The island countertop is cherry.

Thanks to all of you who have given so generously of your time and knowledge. Many of your ideas and suggestions have been incorporated into the kitchen.

Comments (14)