SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northcarolina_gw

Farberware for induction? (vs Tramontina perhaps?)

northcarolina
11 years ago

Hi --

I'm getting a new induction range which will be delivered this week. I will need some new pots since my old Farberware and my husband's old Revere won't work with induction. I was looking at cookware in BB&B today (wanted to see what all the fuss was about with All Clad) and I saw some Farberware Classic that looks just like mine but with glass lids. I thought "what a shame it won't work with induction," tried my magnet on the bottom anyway, and... the magnet stuck. Well now. So the new generation of Farberware Classic is indeed induction compatible, black resin handles and all.

I also swung through Tues. Morning and saw some Tramontina, and it is certainly good-looking cookware. I know a lot of people on GW say that Tramontina works very nicely with induction. The pots they had in stock wouldn't do for me, because I need to be able to hold my small pots with one hand and all these had the short double handles, but I know I can order others online.

So has anyone tried the newer Farberware Classic on induction, and can you tell any difference in performance between that and other induction-compatible cookware? There is a difference in look, I realize. Do I want clad sides or just bottoms? I am thinking just bottoms, but I haven't cooked on induction so I don't know. How about handle length? I do like the shortish handles on my existing Farberware and Revere (easier to pick up full pots and fit well in my lazy susan corner cabinet); are Tramontina handles much longer?

I think that's all. I don't really need the pots to be oven-compatible, because I use my cast iron for that. I don't need a set, because I rarely use any skillets other than my cast iron ones. I actually don't mind spending some money on good pots since I don't need many and I will use them for years -- but the All-Clad handles weren't comfortable for me anyway and I don't mind NOT spending lots of money either (ha). My old Farberware is in great shape after 20+ years, so I have no fears about the durability of the new edition even though its price is so much lower than AC.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Farberware Classic on farberwarecookware.com

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!