SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dramagal_gw

MIGRAINES- what works for you?

dramagal
16 years ago

"MIGRAINEUR"

It's a pretty sad commentary when you realize that there is actually a NAME for us poor 'unfortunates' who suffer from Migraine Headaches. Makes you realize how common an ailment we have is.

I'm falling OUT of love with Imitrex, my expensive saviour. Thank goodness for insurance- w/o insurance it would be $168. for 9 pills! I've been taking it for 10 years and am finding that it wears off sooner and sooner AND I think I'm rebounding on it. I've tried other perscripts like Maxalt with no real success.

What do I normally do? My pain usually comes in the middle of the night and despite the caffeine, I grab a BC Powder (Possibly a Southern thing if you've never heard of it- Aspirin) or Ex Strength Excedrin if I don't mind all the extra caffeine. If I get no relief,(sometimes waiting a day or more) I hit the Imitrex but against my will.

ARE WE SIMILIAR?

I have migraines that start on ONE side of the head (behind the eye, neck and shoulder) for apx. 2-4 days and then the sucker SWITCHES! to the other side mirroring almost the same amount of days! I guess my h-aches are OCD!

When I'm not suffering, I'm hungover from them for an additional day.

What do I know for sure?- Dairy, alchohol and chocolate are triggers for me.

Do I want to cut out more things? Heck NO! I've given up those things for over 20 years cuz of the pain! PULEASE! I'm a woman (with teenage sons no less) Dairy, chocolate and wine are a staple like... BREATHING!

Dr!!! Don't make me give up more!

I didn't mean to rant all about ME here- but I desperately want to hear from others out there who have similiar stories, different stories, and POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS for relief!

Currently on day 2 of 2nd side. (meaning day 5 total)and proud of the fact that I could look at this white background while typing....

I know there are LOTS of us out there! HELP!

Comments (20)