SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lstands

I almost trust you to choose my countertops

lstands
12 years ago

Here I am after months, no, years of planning a modest remodel that includes my kitchen and I am no closer to making a decision on finishes. I have read and dreamed but I'm paralyzed by the thought of finally getting to this point and messing it all up with some funky choices. My husband thinks it all sounds"great" no matter the option so it is basically up to me...and you. Here is what I know that will not change. We are keeping our shaker style clear finish maple cabinets, our current island is being replaced with ikea cabinets in a cream finish, same shaker style and measuring about 7'x4', our hardwood floors are being refinished and stained a bit darker they are currently clear. I have a 36"stainless wolf range and a 48 " subzero that will also be finished with a cream color to match island (both scored on Craigslist...the budget won't allow new). The island counter top will be walnut plank from a tree we had to cut down a few years back and had milled and kiln dried. So..the colors so far, clear maple, cream, dark walnut, medium finish floors and stainless. So here is the question! What type (quartz, granite, etc) and what color family should we get for our perimeter counters? I can't afford to mess this up, it's our last chance to get it right so it must be timeless. Dark, light? honed, leathered, etc, etc. And then theres the sink. What do I use for an undermount that will NEVER have to be replaced? Stainless, granite composite? Aargh. I have so many more questions but this is the most important for now. If someone can tell me how to load pics I would be happy to do that too! Thank you!

Comments (7)