SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

New appliances terrifying me!

charlikin
15 years ago

They were just installed today and I have no idea what to do with them. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to set the clock on the microwave. Which also made that flashing icon go away - thank goodness, since I had no idea what it meant! The fridge just made its first ice cube - what a racket! I'm afraid to even touch the dishwasher... (never had one before, have no idea how to use it).

The fridge seems much deeper than my old one, which I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I got so used to looking at the kitchen without a fridge in place that I forgot how much space it was going to take up.

Also - it's on wheels. Which was great when I was wheeling it around my living room looking for the best temporary place for it, but it isn't so good now that I'm trying to open the fridge door and the thing keeps rolling out at me. How do I lock the wheels - anyone know??? It's a Frigidaire top freezer model, FWIW.

The plumber also didn't install the toe kick on the dishwasher (18" Miele). I hope he did the rest of it correctly. It's a black plastic toe kick - I assume it should just snap into place, or is there something else I need to do???

Anxiety central here!!!

Comments (6)