SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
domesticah

OMG!!! $21,068 quote for Kraftmaid Cabinets!!!

domesticah
13 years ago

I have been lurking here for over a year and I cannot tell you how grateful I am to all those who have shared their knowledge to help lost newbies like me. Well, I finally convinced my dh that we are in need of a kitchen facelift -- I am looking to upgrade our cabinets (1990 shrock maple, falling apart)and reuse our appliances, granite, sink, etc. My budget is $22,000 (for rip out, cabs and install). I went to this discount place in Suffolk Co., NY (Conumers Kithens) thinking I would get a 15,000 quote for Kraftmaid Cabs and they quoted me $21,068 (granted it is for 26 Cabinets including pantry, excluding moldings) -- but geez!!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather. And I don't even LOVE the cabinets -- they were just good enough... I am going to have to look elsewhere -- I just cannot see spending that on cabinets that I don't love.

Can anyone tell me what the best cabinets out there for the money? Are we going to have to open our wallets wider for decent painted shaker cabs? I had really wanted inset, but determined this was outside our budget, and am now going for full overlay. I have been searching and searching and it is so confusing... Thanks for listening to me :) Have a great night...

Comments (30)