SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Replacement cabinets are UP!!!

charlikin
15 years ago

The replacement cabinets finally arrived last Wednesday, and the carpenter came and installed them yesterday. This time all went smoothly - he figured out what the measuring error had been the first time (the concrete beam in the corner isn't plumb), made all the adjustments, and voila! perfectly hung cabinets. Whew!!!

As a reminder of the beginning of the story, this is a 7x10 galley kitchen. For the run of cabinets on the right-hand wall, the carpenter had put up the 3" piece of filler first, then discovered that the cabinets at the end of the run didn't fit and trimmed down the side stiles of those cabinets. As a result, he couldn't adjust the doors to open and close without rubbing unless he packed the hinges with little bits of cardboard. This also effectively voided the lifetime warranty on the doors and hinges. I had to scream bloody murder to get the contractor to make good, but he did, and the result was worth it. The carpenter did a great job this time. :-)

Here's the photographic evidence:

The cabinet run that was re-hung:

{{!gwi}}

The other side:

{{!gwi}}

He put up the door handles too - I had no idea they'd look so BIG! (I've knicknamed them "the handles that ate Manhattan"!) I'm so grateful I chose the more "delicate" looking ones over the clunkers I was considering originally!

{{!gwi}}

Next stop: countertop templating...

Comments (48)