SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Freezing cooked pasta

Olychick
12 years ago

Hi, I don't come here often, but have been looking at all the yummy summer food you are posting. I'm hoping you can help me. My 20 month old grandson is being raised by the most wonderful parents in every aspect except food. They are the new generation that neither cooks and I am so worried about what he is being fed. I keep him a couple days a week and give him wholesome food but the rest of the time...I went to get him and he was eating mustard flavored pretzels, sliced olives, blueberries and banana. He does get lots of fruit, and is still on a bottle, but everything else is processed and high sodium. ugh. My son won't let him have tofu (because he has some crazy notion about the plant estrogens - don't get me started) so I want to get something with iron and vegetables into him so I want to give him some organic beef.

I'm thinking of cooking up a batch of spaghetti sauce and pureeing some veggies (including some shell beans) into it and freezing it in little packets that they can microwave for him. But they won't even cook pasta to go into it. Can I cook pasta shells and mix with the sauce and then freeze to micro for him with reasonable success, or will it be a gummy mess? Same question for beans, I probably won't puree them but use them to reduce the amount of beef. I'll use low sodium everything.

Thanks for your help.

Comments (13)