SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Banjo Vanity Top - Pros / Cons?

ladyamity
16 years ago

Yes, it's me (again!). And it's bathroom related.*s*

I asked this question on the Bathroom forum but then realized it's also a decorating question too, so I'll repeat my question here.

We had a little set-back over the weekend and from our limited experience it looks like we won't even begin the shower stall for another month.

In the meantime I am designing something that will be a reasonable facsimile of a vanity sink.

(too embarrassed to show it yet but I will when it's done)

Because we are adding a new plywood/solid base to the top of the vanity for tiling (with drop-in sink), I was wondering about the Banjo Vanity tops and if anyone has any pros/cons to them?

My neighbor told me this morning I'll regret it if I ever need to get into the guts of the Toilet as the banjo limits access.

I measured and re-measured and the vanity (I will be putting bun feet on it to raise it) and extended banjo would be 8" above the tank lid of the toilet.

Our bathroom is so small and I have some special needs which require storage ---

The 'decorating' part of this question -----> Was thinking of using the inside of vanity cabinet/cupboard and shelving nook to store those things but the little purdies and extras (Kleenex box, can of air freshener, decorative bottle of hand lotion, etc.), I'd like some place to put those and thought the extension on a Banjo vanity would do the trick.

If anyone has any photos I'd be so appreciative if you could show them to me?

I can't seem to find too many by doing a web search and a search in the Bathroom forum produced nada.

Thank you all again!

Comments (19)