SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slflaherty

My boring living room

slflaherty
11 years ago

Welcome to my boring living room, where people come to be completely uninspired and bored to tears. Please ignore the floating baby head.

Seriously, it needs help. We moved into this house in the summer and did a complete renovation. We didn't quite get to the decorating part before we ran out of money, thus the picture you see before you.

I know we need an area rug, I just haven't found one I love/one I feel is big enough yet. I would like to do light blue accents, so that would be reflected in the cushions on the furniture as well, when I get around to getting some. My big issue is that blank space on the wall between the sofa and the loveseat. The sofa is actually pulled out from the window about 2 1/2 feet, which results in the big empty corner behind the sofa and the loveseat. It just seems like wasted space. I actually have a piece of artwork on that wall at the moment that I'm not really loving any more (it's turquoise, and I decided I would rather go with with light blue accents over something that bold). The wall does look better with something on it, but I'm not sure if I should go for a piece of art on the wall, or if I should fill the empty space in the corner with something tall, like a bookshelf. The thing with the bookshelf, if we decided to go that route, is that it would not be very easily accessible for retrieving things. Thoughts?

Comments (11)