SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaleinani_gw

Long time Lurker-Now I really need advise

kaleinani
15 years ago

Been lurking on kitchens for quite a while admiring all the beautiful kitchens, large and small. I have finally taken the huge step to update my own kitchen. The cabinetry I currently have has been stick built by the builder. They are really awful and not functional at all. I ordered American Woodmark cabinetry from HD because of that 20% thing and I got more than I expected without going over my cabinetry budget. They should be here the first week of February. My husband and I will be DIYing the kitchen and I really hope our marriage will be intact at the end of this project...LOL.

My concern has to do with the stove and the hood. I know the hood should be 6 inches wider than the stove, but my husband wanted the hood and stove to match, and the GE Cafe line does not make a 36 inch vent hood, only a 30 inch, which is the same width as the stove. Here is the dilemma. After looking at the drawings, the light rail on the cabinets flanking the stove, actually looks like it is going over the burners, in fact I know it is. Is this going to be a serious problem? Can someone please allay my fears? I really don't know this could be corrected or if it really matters. Another question, is the range hood being 34 inches from the top of the stove to the bottom of the hood to great a distance? I am 5'4" and hubby is 5'8".

Thanks ladies for giving me courage to finally realize I can do this.

Bev

Comments (5)