SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tsherman_gw

updated layout, needs another review

tsherman
15 years ago

I took your advice and moved the fridge in our layout, but now I'm struggling with the DW (dishwasher, not wife!) We are meeting with the KD tomorrow to review the contract but looking at the file he sent me, we still are not on the same page. I'd really appreciate it if you garden-web-experts could review it too in case I'm missing anything. Here's my thoughts so far:

1. The island is too long - make the 38" cab. a 21" (total length of 72".) Take the length off the side by the fridge.

2. KD has the range next to the DW. This looks odd to me. I could move the DW to the other side of the sink (thanks sailormann!) but then I loose the 36" drawers at the end of the cabinet run (which is where my dishes were going to be) and I'd only have a 12" cabinet there which isn't good for much. Then again, I'd have more consecutive space in the center of the kitchen for storing other things that are used in the kitchen.

3. I'm worried the small trim around the (paneled) fridge will look wimpy, but I don't want to give up the space for thicker trim. (Yes, I realize this sounds crazy, and yes I realize I am loosing my mind with this remodel.) I thought about a 15" pantry, but it pushes the fridge over making what I fear will be a dark corner, and I loose my longest countertop.

4. I think we need uppers over the small bank of cabinets in the bottom right corner so they don't look like they are floating there.

I'd love your comments and thoughts on this points and any I've missed.

Thanks,

Tara

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!