SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juniork

Another plan review - would LOVE all opinions!

juniork
16 years ago

Thanks to all of you in the last 6 months - you've taught me so much from your posts. I FINALLY have plans to share, and really want to see all advice, comments, etc. We're getting close to a final floor plan, and I want to get it down tight (well, if possible), and avoid costly errors later. MightyAnvil, happy 2008 to you, and would love to hear your thoughts.

This is a craftsman-influenced home, albeit one with a curving staircase and 2 story entry. There's a nice view towards the front, hence all the balconies/patios and windows. Pool in the backyard, up the hill a little ways (it's on a sloped lot). Garage/unfinished basement downstairs (not posted), stairs come up under the curving staircase.

Powder room toilet and vanity will be flipped, as per another thread. I'm not sure how to envision the height of the foyer closets, since it's supposed to be 2 stories. I also can't quite get the main floor bathroom close to the backyard, to do double duty as a pool bath...does anyone think that's a big deal, to walk through the 'study' to get to the closest bath? We've never had a pool before, so don't know how inconvenient that would be. The kitchen is not set at this point, he just drew it in, but I'll post on the kitchen forum later.

3 closets are lined up to someday possibly be an elevator if needed. The closet in the great room will be my kids' lockers/cubbies, and my desk w/ cell phone chargers, etc. is the little thing next to it.

We'll put another desk between the master br door and the walk-in closet. Thinking of flat screen tv in the great room between the fireplace and the patio door, but can't get an AV closet there...sigh.

All suggestions welcome, big and small. Do walk-in closet doors open in or out? How 'bout the master bath toilet? Any better way to get a LARGE tub and 2 person shower in the master bath without compromising the view?

TIA!

Comments (14)