Houzz Logo Print

Need to remove kitchen countertop(s) ... help!!!

9 years ago

Recently purchased a 1986 singlewide Fleetwood MH. Kitchen countertops have water damage and have swollen so much in places that approx. 1/2 of them are beyond any kind of repair I can imagine. Particle wood underneath and formica buckled up badly. The cabinets are okay though and it's not in the budget to replace them. I was going to order a straight countertop (it has no backsplash and no room for one ... I will tile that) from Lowes, but the guy in the kitchen department said his installers will not even do an install in a mobile home because m.h. cabinets may "fall apart" because of the way they're made. We're pretty good DIYer's, but now I'm afraid to tackle this job. They are too buckled up to tile over. Anyone who has tackled something like this? I would appreciate ANY and ALL thoughts and suggestions (and experiences).

Comments (14)

    MAC Design + Build
    Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
    Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler