SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockin_robin_gw

getting duet 9400 delivery tomorrow

rockin_robin
17 years ago

Hi there--I wanted to thank you all for your informative postings. Our 8 year old GE profile washer died last Saturday and I have been researching front loaders here since Christmas. I narrowed it down to frigidaire affinity 7000 and the duet or duet sport series. After some reading here discovered I wanted the heated water and that left only the 9300, 9400 and 8500 sets for the whirlpool. Checked Lowes, ABC Warehouse, a local dealer,Best Buy and Home Depot for information. Made at least two trips to Lowes, ABC, BB and the local guy.

The best frigidaire deal we found was $1171 for the pair at ABC, but I was leaning to the duets, even after reading of the problems noted here. The best Duet deal I was finding was $1571 after a 10% off promotion at Lowes. That was a 9300 washer. The Duet sport 8500 was too much more to consider(special order). Husband found the Duet 9400 set in Pewter at Menards and got it for $1614, so for $40 more we got the newest model. It is a floor model and has one little ding on the dryer. I checked the model # to make sure it has the better noise system and it does (astounding the salesman). It is even in pewter which is cool--I liked the blue affinity, but not enough to pay more for it. No pedestals at this time--may stack it later.

I've printed the delivery checklist and am anxiously awaiting tomorrow to get started with these machines. I haven't been this excited since I got my dyson vacuum. I vacuum 3 times as more as I used to--I am thinking I may do more of the laundry myself now instead of making my teens do it (they already have strict instructions to check pockets and fasten all fasteners).

I am hoping that percentage wise we will be in the group that reports no problems--but just in case sprang for the 5 year warranty. Also know to look here for solutions for the more common error messages.

Did we do good on the price? Any other vital info to share?

Robin

Comments (6)