SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

I am looking for a small sectional...

claire_de_luna
12 years ago

...and would rather have a root canal. I've bought many sofas over the years and know what I need, although I'm having trouble finding it in a quality I can live with. This isn't fun to me; instead it qualifies as real work, and I don't find I'm happy with most of what I'm finding.

What I'm looking for is a leather sectional at right angles with a track arm. I need a firm seat cushion (high density), like an attached cushion back (that can be restuffed when the time comes). The need is to seat four at a time, (along with a corner seat) for equality of seating in a small room. Preferably, the cushions would be squared, so I can switch them around if one looks like it is getting more wear because someone likes a certain seat.

I have a maximum of 90 inches, and am finding very little in stores I can actually sit on. My husband is tall and I am not, so the Goldilocks moment hasn't happened. I think it's more important that the seating be a bit taller, like around 21 inches, since an ottoman would take care of my issues. Oh, and just to make it more interesting, I prefer a double stitched seat as opposed to welting.

I've been to every furniture store in town, including Nebraska Furniture Mart, and no one has anything, except Penneys, which has a light colored, faux leather (probably made in China) that is exactly the right size, which is the best thing about it. I was hoping for a more long-term solution however!

Can any of you decorating divas lead me to a place that would help keep me from tearing my hair out?

Comments (10)