SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dalemccl

'Coasters' on feet of W&D?

dalemccl
15 years ago

I am awaiting delivery of a Whirlpool HE FL washer and a matching dryer. In the meantime I am having the sheet vinyl flooring in the laundry room replaced. It is cut and gouged in several places from moving the old W&D for cleaning behind them or to get to the dryer vent to blow out lint. The metal feet easily cut the vinyl.

I want to avoid damaging the new flooring when I move the new W&D for cleaning or blowing out lint. I am considering putting those slider things that are advertised on TV for moving furniture on floors, or else those coaster-like things that are a shallow hard plastic cup on top with have a soft bottom. By putting these under the 4 legs of the W&D, I could slide them out without gouging the floor (I think). It should also make it easier to move them by myself.

But I fear these things might not work well with the washer because it might somehow interfere with the balance of the unit during the high speed spin.

Has anyone successfully used these things to allow easily moving a W&D without damaging a vinyl floor?

Comment (1)