SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2012renovation

Do you think espresso cabinets would look good in a laundry room?

2012renovation
12 years ago

Has anyone ever seen espresso cabinets used in a laundry room? We are remodelling our entire basement and are using the types of finishes that are often used in the upper levels of a home, such as engineered hardwood flooring in the family room and ivory travertine floors in the hall, bathroom, and laundry room. We have 7' ceilings that are finished (not a drop ceiling). At the end of the stairs, a 15' long, 4' wide hallway leads directly into the laundry room. Just before the laundry room, the hall turns left into the family room. So, the first thing seen when walking downstairs to the family room is the laundry room. Knowing my family, the door to the laundry room will be open most of the time, and I am okay with that because it will highlight the continuous run of travertine flooring and make the whole space feel more expansive. I have dark wood furniture in the family room and bathroom. In the laundry room, I am thinking of using espresso cabinets with modern stainless steel handles, a W/D in a stainless/silver/graphite finish, and a light grey/silver paint on the walls. My intention is to make the look and feel of the laundry room similar to the rest of the space. I would really appreciate anyone's thoughts on this color scheme.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville