SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arabellamiller

I'm Looking for Meal Planning advice

arabellamiller
16 years ago

We are back from a crazy August of vacations. I'm guessing most of you already know this, but a vacation with 3 kids is no vacation! Sure, the kids had fun, but I feel like I need a blood transfusion of pure caffeine.

The two older ones start back at school next weekish (there's an orientation day, picnic day, etc...), then Lulu starts a tiny little 2s program, so my days will free up a little bit. My afternoons and evenings, however, are about to get mad.

Sports practices abound, and I'm terrified of falling into the rut of fast food/snack bar dinners. Those get us into trouble both nutritionally and financially.

Sometimes we'll be eating at home, so I can do either a crock pot meal or a previously made frozen meal, but occasionally we'll be in the car zipping from school to the rink to the field to the piano lesson, so I'm looking for some bento-y ideas for those days. Heavy protein, medium carb, hidden veggies, light on the dairy (we're all a bit lactose intollerant). High calories for the kids, low calories for me.

Any ideas?

My game plan is to make a master list of meals in categories of: frozen, crock pot, bento (think fancy lunch box), so that at the beginning of each week I can look at it and our schedule and plan the meals for the week.

What do you think? Am I crazy? Am I taking the Type A thing too far? Should I even mention "Phase 2"?

Thanks for any and all ideas and advice.

AM

The Dinner Chronicles

Comments (18)