SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

Mobile homes - very beginner questions

marys1000
16 years ago

I am relocationg to a new state and have not been able to find a home wih the privacy I crave. So I'm going into an apt when I move and will keep looking. Paying tons in storage costs for all the house stuff I have.

Current situation - trying to sell a small but beautiful custom stick built home with geothermal heating/cooling etc. on 9 acres because I thought i would be staying here for 10+ years. I've only been in the place 1.8 years. Sigh. Market is dead dead dead.

I don't want to go through this again. I work for the goverment and new commanders or the BRAC process can really throw a wrench into your plans.

While seaching the MLS I found a little 2 acre property that seemed nice location, trees, etc. but the little old house is basically a tear down. As a matter of fact it might be a modified trailer from the 40's.

So...i think, no way am I building again - how about a trailer? So I google. What the heck - why is it so hard to find information?

How much does a decent (mid-end) trailer cost? Something I'll be happy in for 10 years.

The little house I think had a basement (don't know what its like). Can that be capped off or something and used for tornado's? Its too close to the road, anything I put up i would want to move back.

Do you think I'll run into county problems? Aren't some places saying no trailers and no houses less than X square feet? (I tried to call today but got voice mail)

I though about modulars when I built here but frankly it was almost or as much as stick built then you have to deal with the "stigma" when selling.

Thanks for any insights,

Oh, my new location will be around dayton OH

Here is a link that might be useful: mls listing

Comments (3)

Sponsored