SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davestexas

Leak: what to look for?

davestexas
13 years ago

Kenmoree/Whirlpool model #110.26702690 bought new in Oct '96

Had small water leak over time, but it was just an annoyance. The past month it became more, so I removed the cabinet, suspecting the pump. The bottom pump clip was in bad condition while the top clip looked new. Telltale waterspot below the shaft told me the pump was the problem. Ordered new pump from an online parts company at 4PM. Pump arrived at 11AM the next day! Had trouble removing the old pump. The shaft was in rough condition. Got the shaft back to where the pump would go on with some 'tapping'. Is it supposed to just slide on/off easily? Yesterday I went to use the washer and the leak was not cured. This leak was showing suds where I'd not seen suds before on the floor. Last night I noticed water moving on the floor, so I cut off the water supply lines. This AM...all dry! So, beside the problem with the pump, what else should I be looking for? What would cause water leaking with supply On? Gotta be something other than the pump....right? I hope my 'tapping' the pump on didn't do something bad. I don't mind buying a new pump, but water On leak/water Off no leak bothers me. Washer works fine. Thanks for any help/clues. I appreciate the help.

Dave

Comments (4)