SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamato3_gw

assurant mobile home insurance claim

mamato3
15 years ago

I tried googling to find out about the process of mobile home insurance claims, and found nothing.

I recently filed a claim because I had a water line explode, and couldn't find anything to tell me what to expect out of the process of claims, how they work, or anything. So I thought I would update here so that there is a record, and first time claimants can have an idea of what to expect. I have a policy with Assurant specialty property insurance.

My line burst sunday night. I called insurance company on monday morning, when I discovered the standing water.

By thursday I received a call from insurance adjuster. Visit to inspect damage on the following monday. I still have no idea exactly what will be covered or not, as I am new to the process. I was told something about 2 checks, one for damage, and one for repairs. I do have a replacement value policy, so they will pay to replace damaged property, not just for current value.

It's now been 4 days since the adjuster was here, and I have heard nothing yet. The damage severely affected 2 rooms of my house, and the floor is changing daily as it dries out. At first it had buckled upwards, and now is creating interesting dips, so it's a challenge to walk through the kitchen without tripping.

I will update this post as we go through the claims process, as a reference to the process, and so people can compare Assurants claims service with other companies.

Comments (5)

Sponsored