SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northwoods_gw

Duet Sport 8500 Washer Differences- OWNERS!

northwoods
17 years ago

See page 11 of your Use And Care Guide. I have been praising this washer a lot and am disappointed on a change that seems to have been made by Whirlpool on this new model they offer. Your Use And Care Manual on very back page will have either 2/06 or 3/06 in bottom right corner. First off my inlaws purchased this machine and my wife used it several times. A unique feature is the heater for the water. The old front loader, we used to bleed the hot water to the machine and drain it and start machine again for a hot wash. Their Duet Sport 8500 heats the water in the Heavy Duty, Whitest Whites, and Sanitary Cycles...thus my old procedure became something of the past.

Now see your page 11...under "Features And Benefits"...under the paragraph Spin Speeds will either be another paragraph "Heating Element" OR not at all. If you don't have that paragraph "Heating Element" as in the 2/06 manual your washer will not heat in either the Heavy Duty "hot" cycle or the Whitest Whites "hot" cycle. If your manual is 3/06 should I say your washer has the feature of heating in those fore mentioned cycles.

The use and care guide where purchased was the 3/06 manual because we skimmed it over when looking at Menards. Our inlaws purchased theirs also from Menards. There is also a difference in water fill between the two. The inlaws have a better amount of water.

I plan on making some phone calls Monday and am hoping something can be done to get the washer we have now like it states in the current manual which also in on Whirlpools web site. Anybody else care to add to my post here I would appreciate it. Also note that when the water was drained in the Heavy Duty "hot" cycle it was warm as I expected and sure didn't heat.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner