SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

How Do I Paint Furniture? Also what is good antique white?

Valerie Noronha
14 years ago

I'm would like to paint all of my DD's vintage bedroom furniture in an antique white. First off, I'd like some paint suggestions for a nice, creamy antique white color. Preferably Benjamin Moore.

Some of her furniture has already been painted, others are stained. All will need to be sanded obviously, but I'm hoping for a step-by-step primer what to do as well as what supplies I need to have on hand (i.e. sandpaper grits, etc.) I'm also thinking I may do a finish coat of polyurethene for durability. While her furniture is definitely a shabby, cottage, style, I don't think I want to sand off any finish for the chipped paint look. While I've posted her furniture before, here it is again:

{{!gwi}}

Need suggestions for paint type, color, brushes, sand papering, as well as how many coats, sanding or thinning paint, etc. DH thinks it's too much hassle, won't turn ot right and/or it should just be sprayed. I told him, no worries, I'd figure it all out.... He just left for a business trip so I'll be starting this week since I can have DD double in my room while I work on her room and would like to surprise DH when he returns.

I'm thinking of using Rustoleum in a brushed nickel for all the pulls to match the pulls on her dresser. Other option would be to replace hardware on desk with glass knobs, then I'd need to fill in the holes for the pulls now.

Comments (16)