SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustypixel

New FLs and a few questions

rustypixel
16 years ago

Hello all. I just took delivery of my He5T washer and He5 Steam dryer and have a few questions. I was hoping to get them all asked in one post rather than have to post for each. Here goes:

Is it normal that a comforter that I just washed would come out with a strong paint odor (note the laundry room was painted the night before the installation)?

Even though I plan on not using a fabric softener and will only use powder detergent, how often should I use the vinegar method to clean/refresh my washer?

I've read quite a bit on the subject and I'm thoroughly confused; I'm looking for a good quality detergent that will definitely clean and leave a nice clean scent. I definitely don't want a heavy perfumed odor from my clothes, but I do want some kind of scent. What is recommended and liked? As mentioned above, I washed one comforter with the Sears brand detergent with OxyClean but all I smelled was paint.

I definitely plan to leave the washer door open so it can thoroughly dry, but is spraying a little Lysol in the tub and on or around the rubber seals on the door a recommended practice? What about wiping them down with a Lysol or similar wipe?

Thanks in advance to anyone offering suggestions.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County