SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holligator_gw

My Aga arrived today :) , but no cabinets yet :(

holligator
16 years ago

All my appliances are sitting in my living room waiting for cabinets. My beautiful sparkly new Aga range is sitting on a pallet wrapped in plastic. I can hear it faintly calling my name, wanting to be free.

Cabinet Guy set the schedule for us, and now he's the hold up.

Holligator: "I need to have everything in the kitchen finished by the end of January. When can you install the cabinets?"

Cabinet Guy: "We can do it the first week in January."

Holligator: "Great, so I should schedule everything around that?"

Cabinet Guy: "Well, let's make it the second week in January, just to be safe."

Holligator: "OK, that sounds good to me. Second week in January it is. I'll let the contractor and countertop guy know."

Second week comes, and he tells me it will be Tuesday of the third week (tomorrow). Today, I find out that he is "shooting for this Friday." Is it really THAT hard to estimate accurately when a job will be done? I like this guy a lot. He's a sweet old country boy and a fine craftsman, so he is hard to be mad at, but I really, really, really want to be finished. EVERYTHING else is waiting on him at this point.

I know I'm spoiled rotten. Everything else has been on time so far--something my contractor prides himself on. Even with the delay, assuming it's not longer than Cabinet Guy is letting on now, my whole job will be just under six weeks from start to finish, with Christmas and New Years holidays in the middle. If I had known I wouldn't have cabinets now, I would have been fine with it. I just hate expecting something and being let down. Waaaaaaaah!

Comments (12)