SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigcat39

Lighting Suppliers: Don't believe everything you read!

bigcat39
17 years ago

Disclaimer: I am in NO way connected to this company, except as a delighted (or is that lighted?) customer!

I just spent a very anxious week. I am redoing a 320 sq. ft kitchen, and after LOOOOONG deliberation, settled on recessed CFLs, for the level of light I desired and the energy savings. HOWEVER, as many of you know, these fixtures can be very pricey.... nearly $100/pop with trims. This was simply a budget buster.

I searched the net, and came across Sunrise lighting. They had the IC, airtight, 6" 26W fixtures for less than $50 with trims AND electronic ballasts. Since I am really wanting to get moving on this project, I went ahead and ordered.....$640 with shipping. Lotta money, at least to me.

After ordering, I started researching. hooo boy, I got an eyeful. An "F" rating on BBB. Several postings on Ripoff Reports. And I hadn't gotten a notice that they had been shipped, or any returned phone calls or emails. I prepared to do a Credit card chargeback

Much to my surprise, UPS showed up today, with 3 big boxes.... 12 Elite cans, and 12 trims. All in the original Mfg. packing, all in perfect shape. I'm in buisness.

Did I just get lucky? Or is all this stuff that is negative on the web the result of a few mishandled orders and disgruntled customers? I don't know. All I know is that I rolled the dice & won one.... I got the products I needed @ a price I could afford to pay.

Comment (1)