SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsyshell

Ann T's chickpea flat bread

artsyshell
10 years ago

I made this tonight and we absolutely loved it! Easier dough I found to work with than a flour tortilla (which this reminds me of), and much more flavorful and healthier!

Loved it. Thanks so much Ann T for posting the recipe.

I tried Googling other recipes and most of them called for chickpea flour. I liked that this recipe used chickpeas. It made quite a few as well which was nice. Next time I might add some chopped green onions to the dough as well.

I made a halibut souvlaki, which I seared on the bbq. And a regular Greek salad to which I added watermelon and cherry tomatoes sauteed in olive oil and fennel salt for a little bit of contrast and texture, as well as feta.

Made Tzatziki using greek yogurt with the addition of a little sumac and a creamy white garlic confit in place of the garlic cloves

http://www.missingingredient.ca/brickstone-fine-foods/

Find the garlic confit gives a smoother taste and not so harsh and love sumac as it has a bit of lemon ZIng.

Spread the chickpea flat bread with the Tzatziki and then topped with some spring/spinach salad with added carrot strips and radish, topped with the Greek salad and halibut and rolled like a tortilla.

Was fantastic! Will definitely make it again!

I served it with a roasted cauliflower soup with crispy maple bacon and green onions..to die for.

Great flat bread recipe and dinner!

Thanks Ann T.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor