SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

Good Morning

dotmom
12 years ago

Hi all. Yesterday my mom, Dora Kile...Dottie...dotmom passed away in hospice in Crosby, MN. She had asked me several days ago to keep her friends at the Kitchen Table informed of what was happening. Dora has gone home to heaven after 75 years...57 years married to her husband Al. She is survived by her husband, daughter Colleen and son Scott, her sister Terry along with many grand and great grand kids, nieces and nephews. Thanks to all of you here. She spoke often of "sitting around" the kitchen table and had many friends here. I will be back in a day or so with the Celebration of Life details.

Warm Regards,

Scott Kile

Comments (86)

• bunnylover21
    12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for all her family and friends.

Lynda

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

Rest in Peace sweet, Dottie. I know you are in good company and as soon as you finish greeting your loved ones you will be settling in with Trin, Mary Ann, Dave, Bonnie, Velleen and all the others. We will miss you but know that you are never further than our hearts.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    12 years ago

Dear Scott - I'm so sorry to be reading this today, my heart goes out to you and all your family. Your mother will be missed by so many, please know I will keep you in my thoughts - Thank you so much for letting us know.

• kacram
    12 years ago

darn it. so fast. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. rest in peace dear Dora.

• alisande
    12 years ago

Thank you, Scott. We've all been thinking about your mom and her family. You have our sympathy.

• Granlan_TX
    12 years ago

I want to thank you Scott for keeping in touch at this difficult time. Blessings to you and your family.

R.I.P. Dottie.

• Kathsgrdn
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry. Thank you for taking the time to come and let us know. Sending you and your family prayers.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    12 years ago

So very sorry for your loss...keep your family close.

Dorie

• Lily316
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this , Scott ,and thank you for letting us know. She will certainly be missed here.

• vicki7
    12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't post very often, but always enjoyed her posts. Praying for God's comfort for your family!

• marie_ndcal
    12 years ago

Thanks for informing us and prayers are with the family at this time.

• sjerin
    12 years ago

Ohh, that was so fast. Thank you very much for posting, Scott. Your mom was special to all of us here and we will miss her terribly. My condolences to all of you.

• angela_nor_calif
    12 years ago

She will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

• susanjf_gw
    12 years ago

thank you. peace

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    12 years ago

I am so sorry, she will be missed.

Sue

• pam_25f
    12 years ago

How incredibly thoughtful of Dora to think of us, and gracious of you to tell us. Thank you. She will be missed.

• nanny98
    12 years ago

My condolences to you and your family. Sad as this information is, we appreciate that you took the time to let us know. She will be missed by all.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    12 years ago

I am so very sorry and will be keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers.

• matti5
    12 years ago

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. The Table will not be the same without our wonderful Dotmom.

• susan_on
    12 years ago

My mother went fast like that... it's so hard. Thank you for letting us know, Scott. My condolences to you and your family. RIP Dora.

• socks
    12 years ago

We were all so fond of your mom. She will be missed here.
    Deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope she didn't suffer.

• kathyg_in_mi
    12 years ago

So quick, but that is a blessing too.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    12 years ago

my deepest sympathy to the entire family. Deeply sorry for your loss.
    She will be missed here with out doubt!

• carabubble
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry. Thank you for letting us know.

• oldgardener_2009
    12 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and the rest of her family.

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

I am so so sorry .A great lady RIP Dotmom Prayers for the family.

• nicole__
    12 years ago

I'm glad you stopped by to let us know....She will be missed......

• ritamay91710
    12 years ago

Thank you for letting us know. Your family will be in my prayers.

• wildchild
    12 years ago

I am sorry for your loss.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

Oh, my goodness.

Best wishes to all of Dottie's loved ones during this difficult time. You will find the strength you need to get through this.

• liira
    12 years ago

May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead. She will be dearly missed here at the table.

Ausilia

• ont_gal
    12 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss-please accept my sincerest condolences....R.I.P.Dottie

• sable_ca
    12 years ago

My condolences to you, Scott, and to your family. Your mother would be so proud of the way you shared her final news with her friends.

Rest in Peace, Dora.

• gemini40
    12 years ago

My condolences to you Scott and your family. Mom is at peace now. God rest her soul.

june

• cynic
    12 years ago

Scott, I know the heartbreak you must be feeling. I hope you realize that many of us here knew your Mom to be a unique, caring, wonderful person who loved her family and friends tremendously. She'll be missed by many of us and we join you in your grief. She was one of a kind and leaves a void for many of us.

I hope her death was peaceful and without pain. Take care Scott and my best to you father, sister, and other family and friends in this difficult time.

Dora, Dotmom, Dottie, my friend, your loss is a huge loss to us. You gave this forum so much that it so sorely needed. I'm still in shock over this. Rest peacefully my dear. You gave so much to so many and you will be fondly remembered by many of us. To quote the Golden Girls' theme, thank you for being a friend. I so enjoyed your wit, your charm, your intelligence and your spirit. So many here could learn from you.

• sue_va
    12 years ago

Sending thoughts of Empathy to Dotmom's family. She was an important member of this group, bringing food for thought in many situations. The Kitchen Table is better for her having been here. She is at peace, and your family can now be also.

Sue

• jel48
    12 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom will be missed.

• katlan
    12 years ago

God bless her soul, she's home now. I will pray for you and your family for strength and peace while you mourn such a profound loss.

• marylmi
    12 years ago

So sorry for your loss.

• joyfulguy
    12 years ago

Thank you for letting us know, Scott.

May all of you who loved her find some peace of heart as you remember together in the coming days the things that you enjoyed about her.

(((((All of Dora's family and loved ones)))))

ole joyful

• imn2crafts
    12 years ago

So sorry for your loss...D

• redcurls
    12 years ago

I feel like I've lost a member of my own family. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Peace be with you!

• dedtired
    12 years ago

I also send my condolences to you and your family and to Dotmom's KT family, too.

• mjny
    12 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

• liz
    12 years ago

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Scott...

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss.Your mom touched many lives here,and she will surely be missed.May she rest in peace.My condolences to all who loved and knew her.
    Kathi

• lydia1959
    12 years ago

So very sorry. Keeping your family in my prayers.

• joan_mn
    12 years ago

My condolences and thanks for letting us know.

• chessey24
    12 years ago

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. She will be missed

• ronf_gw
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry. Peace be with you and your family.

Ron