SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
la_koala

Is range & hood next to window awful?

la_koala
15 years ago

I thought I'd run this by you all first. If you know of any examples in the Finished Kitchens, or other pics that show a range & hood right next to a window, I'd appreciate a link.

A designer did a first draft layout for my kitchen renovation, and in discussing other alternatives, I asked about locating the range to one side of a window. Currently, it's the window that the sink is in front of, and I want to move the sink to another wall.

The designer responded that the hood and the cabinet about the range just wouldn't "look right" ending at the window.

While the designer is going to run a mock-up so I can see what it looks like, I would like to get some opinions here, as you all always have good advice. If the majority opinion is "it'll be awful, don't do it", then I will sit up and pay attention.

I've gone trolling through the Finished Kitchens area, and did a forum search of "range hood by window", and haven't easily found a picture of one. I saw the "hood between two windows" thread, but the example pics are kitchens that have more space between the hood and the windows. I don't have that luxury in my kitchen space. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (22)