SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buy1soon

I want to make the Chocolate Rasp Jam but...

Terri_PacNW
14 years ago

I just seeded a half flat of raspberries and have about 3 1/4 cups of seeded raspberry pulp. How much do I need to "decrease" the recipe by?

Raspberry with Chocolate

2 3/4 lbs (1.2 kg) raspberries, or 2 1/4 lbs (1 kg) net

3 1/2 cups (750g) sugar

Juice of one lemon

9 oz (250g) extra bittersweet chocolate (68% cocoa)

Pick over the raspberries. Omit rinsing them so as to keep their fragrance. Put the raspberries through a food mill (fine disk). In a preserving pan, mis the raspberry pulp with the sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes, stirring gently and skimming carefully. Add the chocolate, grated. Mix and then pour into a ceramic bowl. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and refrigerate overnight.

Next day return the mixture to a boil. Continue cooking on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring and skimming if needed. Return to a boil. Check the set. Put the jam into jars immediatedly and seal.

I kind of like this method. I use a 2 quart glass measuring cup for the overnight rest. Then I know how many jars to prep the next the day. I'm planning to use a half teaspoon of butter for the help with foaming also. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comments (13)