SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2tykel

Kitchen Plan Feedback-Lots of Pics & Info

mom2tykel
13 years ago

Hello,

We just got this plan tweaked yesterday. We are quite happy with it and are thrilled we will no longer be congested at one corner (currently sink/stove and Fridge are all together). A few things to mention, I took out the 2 base corner cabinets completely as I am not a fan at all, so the corners are free space. We are considering Shiloh inset cabinetry in soft white around the perimeter and black for the peninsula. Countertop is Silestone Stellar Night (DH's choice. How can I say no?) around the perimeter. We are thinking of a wood countertop for the peninsula (similar to table that is in current kitchen) or stainless top to match appliances. Backsplash is Lunada Bay Tile. Bin pulls, knobs for cabinetry. Offset sink with faucet centered under windows (not shown in plan)as only a 27" cabinet will fit there. Sink and DW are in a new location from current kitchen. The cabinet(s) to the right of the fridge is a message center/charger station-top, stool/dustpan cabinet-bottom accessed from end.

We are still unsure of the peninsula which is attached to the half wall that looks into the family room w/fireplace and tv. Currently there is a long table there (see full album link). The plan below shows a centered peninsula measuring 50x30. We did tape out a new dimension of 36x60 with 2 base cabinets under but I still consider it quite small. We allowed for a 12" overhang for seating. With the new dimensions, The peninsula would be offcenter and start 24" from the column at kitchen entrance. This allows for comfortable seating/trafic from back door. The door leads to deck/pool/grill.

I would love any and all feedback. Feel free to ask questions. I do have a measurement plan my DH and I created but it is a pdf file and I have to scan & save it as a jpeg to upload to PB. I Hope I have included everything. I will also try to link the full Photobucket album at the end so you can view the kitchen now. Many thanks in advance. ~Jenn (Mom2TyKel)

From LR/Half Wall:

#2 from Half Wall/LR:

From Main Entrance/Hallway:

From Refrigerator Wall:

From Window/Sink Area:

From Back Door:

Peninsula/Half Wall:

Overhead View:

Cabinet colors and door style:

Perimeter Countertop (on soft white cabs) & Backsplash:

Here is a link that might be useful: Full Photobucket Album Link: Current to Proposed

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES