SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

Valance done...not sure if I like it!

CaroleOH
15 years ago

First off, I had a terrible time trying to get the photo to look like my window/bathroom. The flash throws the colors way off, makes the trim look like high gloss and a different color.

These were the best I could do. The linen fabric does make it just hang there. I was thinking about taking it down and sewing ring tape on the back and making it a soft roman shade instead of the swag type shade.

Here's the other project I did this week! My shower is always drafty because the bathroom is fairly large and the fan is right over the shower area - which makes a cold draft when taking a shower. I was going to have the shower guy make me a glass panel to put above the doors - but it was going to cost $300. So I decided to make my own draft barrier out of a cloth shower curtain I had on hand and two Walmart tension rods. It really works well. I was thinking about using the patterened fabric that I used in the valance, but with its linen content, I didn't know how well it would hold up to alot of direct shower steam!

Comments (20)