SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckheadhillbilly_gw

Finished Kitchen - creamy farmhouse (or some such thing)

12 years ago

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on my layout many moons ago. Thanks also to all of those who have posted their kitchen photos, so that I could join all the others in admiring, taking notes, clipping photos and building the ideas that would become my kitchen. I have finally finished building my house, moved in just before the holidays, and just now have a chance to post some finished pictures.

Now for the details (if I can remember them all!)

The cabinets are custom cabinets from a shop here in Atlanta called The Town Carpenter.

The cabinets are painted Sherwin Williams "Creamy White" with all of the black removed. This became known as "custom creamy" at the cabinet shop and they sold several more jobs of this color while my cabinets were being made.

The walls are painted Benjamin Moore's "You Are My Sunshine."

The floors are white oak from the trees we cut down while clearing the lot to build with multiple coats of tung oil - no stain.

The library ladder was made from the leftover floor boards with the same tung oil treatment.

The perimeter counters are honed Crystal Pearl Quartzite.

The island countertop is honed Virginia Mist.

The range is a 48" dual fuel Five Star (one gas oven one convection).

The hood is a Ventahood with a custom cover.

I have two dishwashers. One is a top of the line Kitchen Aid and one is a Miele.

The clean up sink is an Ikea Domsjo single bowl undermounted.

The prep sink is a Kohler stages 36" mounted wrong ways about.

The refrigerator is a SubZero and the freezer is a Thermador Freedom Column.

The warming drawer is a Miele.

The microwave is my old countertop model given a spot under the island. I'm not a fan of built in microwaves.

Behind the range is a sheet of brushed stainelss steel.

The other backsplashes are beadboard painted to match the cabinets.

I think that about covers it. I'll be happy to answer any questions and thanks again to the gardenweb community.

Comments (55)